Welcome to Browsers Bookshop
We are pleased to be opening again on Monday 15 June.
Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered books from us over the last weeks.
We are putting out the following advice regarding the shop, but do please feel able to make any suggestions about how we should operate things. We want to make it as comfortable and safe as possible.
1. There will be a table outside where customer orders can be picked up without you having to come into the shop. Please let us know if you want to do this. It would be very helpful if you could pay over the phone beforehand on 01394 388890.
2. To comply with the distancing guidelines, we can only allow three people in the shop at any one time in addition to our one member of staff.
3. If you don't want to queue (and who does?!) and know what you want, do attract our attention and we'll come out, discuss it with you, find the book if we can and give it to you. You can pop in to pay or sort it out over the telephone later.
4. We will continue to arrange for books to be posted, for a small contribution to the postal charge. We will also continue with home deliveries where possible. However, if you are able to collect your books, it would be helpful if you could do so and then we can concentrate on deliveries for people who cannot leave home.
5. If you have to self-isolate and are desperate to get into a bookshop, let us know and we'll try to arrange for you to have the shop to yourself - probably early in the morning.
6. We will have hand sanitiser but please bring your own gloves and masks if you are using them.
7. We will be keeping the door open for airflow. So please don't enter if you see more than three people in the shop.
With things changing day by day, please sign up for updates about our service here.
We look forward to seeing you and, as I said above, do please let us know of any suggestions or concerns you may have.